In This Article
The Hidden Cultural Dimension You Need to Understand When Doing Business Overseas
This podcast is something different from the regular Interview podcasts that I do.
I wanted to pay more attention to Hofstede’s fourth and most difficult dimension: Uncertainty Avoidance.
Time and again explaining this dimension is difficult to do.
A lot of people link it only to official rules. But that is not enough. Uncertainty Avoidance covers a whole lot more.
Listen to this podcast and find out what else is linked to this complex cultural dimension.
If you want to learn more, why not get the complete book on Uncertainty Avoidance. Exclusively available on Kindle by Amazon. Click here to get it now.
Uncertainty Avoidance Links
Some links on this website that also cover aspects of Uncertainty Avoidance:
- What is Uncertainty Avoidance
- Examples of Uncertainty Avoidance
- Uncertainty Avoidance in the Netherlands and Belgium Compared
- Uncertainty Avoidance, the United States and the Credit Crisis
- Uncertainty Avoidance in Venezuela
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!