In This Article
Why Company Culture Matters [Podcast]
Why does company culture matter? because it can make or break your organization and your success.
When I talk about “company culture”, for me it is the same as corporate or organizational culture, so I’ll use them interchangeably.
Every organization has a company culture. Even 1-person organizations.
Difference Between National Culture and Organizational Culture
National culture talks about the values a nation, country or culture has.
Organizational culture does not (!) talk about values, but rather “how things are being done here”. Which is significantly different than values.
The 7S Model
The 7S Model (pictured) clearly explains the essence of what influences a company culture; with “Shared Vision” in the middle representing the corporate culture.
How to Change a Company Culture
Contrary to National culture, company culture can be changed. How?
- Start with the slow variables (purple)
- Know your starting point
- Choose the path of least resistance
Here are the links mentioned in this podcast:
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 130: International Negotiations with Jan Potgieter - 26. November 2019
- 129: Rachel Smets on Choosing a Life of Freedom & Fulfillment - 14. November 2019
- Why E-Learning and Cultural Competency are a Bad Match - 13. November 2019