Prof. Dr. Geert Hofstede. Meet the “Master” of Culture
Cited more often in the Social Sciences Citation Index than Sigmund Freud, Geert Hofstede did his groundbreaking research in the 1960s when working with IBM.
Statistical details can be found in the many books he wrote since then.
The work of Geert Hofstede has been reproduced and challenged as is common in academia. But so far the results of this have either produced a derivative model from his original work (e.g. Trompenaars) or have only confirmed his findings.
Personally, I find the Hofstede model the most practical and simple model out there to explain a large number of cultural phenomenon.
To get a quick overview of the first four primary dimensions of culture, click here.
In This Article
The Geert Hofstede Interview
In this informal interview, Geert Hofstede explains, in his own words, what kind of “bird” he is. He talks about the definition of culture (the collective programming of the human mind). How cultures compare to organizations. How culture is the unwritten rule of the social game in society.
Should you have any comments on the video, or on the work of Prof. Geert Hofstede, please leave them below in the comments section.
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
European Office (Brussels) Whatsapp: +32476524957
The Americas (USA; Atlanta, GA; también en Español): +1 678 301 8369
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting, and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events and to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
This is What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
In addition, his presentations can cover specific topics cultural topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Presentations can vary anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
Read more about what Chris can do for you.
- Percentage of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- Rating the Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- Applicability of Chris' presentation 90% 90%
About Peter van der Lende
Peter has joined forces with Culture Matters.
Because he has years and years of international business development experience joining forces therefore only seemed logical.
Being born and raised in the Netherlands, he has lived in more than 9 countries of which most were in Latin America.
He currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia (USA) with his family.
You can find out more at https://expand360.com/
Or find out what Peter can do for you here.
- 157 Peter van der Lende and Chris Smit Interviewed by Leonardo Marra - 9. September 2021
- How International Business Schools can Benefit from Cultural Competence - 9. August 2021
- Tell me Something I don’t Know - 8. July 2021