About This Week’s Guest
Dr. Joe Cobbs
Joe Cobbs is Associate Professor of Sports Business at Northern Kentucky University, and co-founder of KnowRivalry.com.
Research, teaching, and industry engagement in the Department of Marketing, Sports Business, and Construction Management.
Specialties include team rivalry, international sponsorship, and the business of Formula One racing.
“The Olympic games are also about politics.”
His tips to become more culturally competent is:
- Read about other cultures and/or watch documentaries.
- Travel. Although this requires a budget, it is obviously the best way to experience another culture.
- If you can’t travel, you can always meet people from your own community that are from a different part of the world or have a different background.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Website: http://knowrivalry.com/
The Culture Matters Podcast on International Business & Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
|To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.|
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
- 157 Peter van der Lende and Chris Smit Interviewed by Leonardo Marra - 9. September 2021
- How International Business Schools can Benefit from Cultural Competence - 9. August 2021
- Tell me Something I don’t Know - 8. July 2021