About This Week’s Guest
Dr. Joe Cobbs
Joe Cobbs is Associate Professor of Sports Business at Northern Kentucky University, and co-founder of KnowRivalry.com.
Research, teaching, and industry engagement in the Department of Marketing, Sports Business, and Construction Management.
Specialties include team rivalry, international sponsorship, and the business of Formula One racing.
“The Olympic games are also about politics.”
His tips to become more culturally competent is:
- Read about other cultures and/or watch documentaries.
- Travel. Although this requires a budget, it is obviously the best way to experience another culture.
- If you can’t travel, you can always meet people from your own community that are from a different part of the world or have a different background.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Website: http://knowrivalry.com/
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 108: NBA Sports Legend John Amaechi on Sports, Business and Culture [Rebroadcast] - 16. October 2018
- 107: How International is Flavored Peanut Butter? - 2. October 2018
- Doing Business in China; Five Things You MUST Understand - 24. September 2018