About This Week’s Guest
Susan Salzbrenner supports multicultural teams, professional athletes, and leaders of today and tomorrow to navigate diverse cultural contexts.
She is an organizational psychologist, consultant, and trainer, focusing on diversity & inclusion, cultural intelligence, and international talent development.
She’s lived in 6 countries on four continents, has learned (and failed at) many languages, and played a bit of basketball along the way.
Her three tips for becoming more culturally competent follow the acronym FIT
- F: Find new perspectives. Observe stuff that is new to you; actively lookout for new and unfamiliar things
- I: Integrate what you have found into your own live and personality
- T: Trust the process; don’t be impatient. It will happen but might need its time.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!