In This Article
Teresa Knapp is the Director of Program Development for International Student Exchange. She has been in the field of student exchange for 25 years.
Her 3 tips for becoming more culturally competent are:
- Get rid of common sense; what works and sounds like common sense in your own country and culture will probably not work in an other culture.
- Be open to communicating, and make sure you are truly listening.
- Be willing to learn, and to see through the eyes of the other culture.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 844-556-6688
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
To subscribe directly using iTunes, Click here.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
- It’s Culture Stupid. Nine More Signs You’re Not Getting It - 29 August 2022
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Speaker - 9 August 2022
- Nordic Culture, Scandinavian Culture and Swedish Culture - 28 July 2022