Broadening their horizons; Students abroad
About This Week’s Guest
Kea Hoppe is currently the director of the European umbrella organization of Youth For Understanding and responsible for positioning YFU as an expert in intercultural education, creating partnerships and advancing the organization strategically.
Youth For Understanding (YFU) is a volunteer-based global non-profit community driven by the passion of people, consisting of 55+ member organizations across six continents.
As a leader in intercultural exchange and educational programs for more than 60 years, YFU has impacted more than 270.000 students – and their host families, schools and networks – and more than 70.000 volunteers.
Kea Hoppe: “When you travel, reflect on what you see, hear, and experience. The good, the bad, and the ugly…”
Her tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Travel if you can. There is no substitute.
- Engage with the people around you, where ever you are.
- Reflect on what you have experienced.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Directly: +32476524957
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
His presentation can cover specific topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Duration of any presentation can vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours and anything in between and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Applicable 90% 90%
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- Diversity Manager or Culture Manager; What Can I Do For You? - 5. June 2019
- 122: Is Performing Magic Culturally Neutral? with Jennifer S. Royal - 4. June 2019
- 121: Good News from Africa with Angela Betancourt - 21. May 2019