Back to Human
About This Week’s Guest
Dan Schawbel is a New York Times bestselling author, Partner and Research Director at Future Workplace, and the Founder of both Millennial Branding and WorkplaceTrends.com.
He is the host of “5 Questions with Dan Schawbel”, a podcast where he interviews a variety of world-class human by asking them 5 questions in less than 10 minutes.
Dan’s new book is called Back to Human: How Great Leaders Create Connection in the Age of Isolation.
“Let your own ideas and beliefs be challenged by others that have a very different opinion”
His tips to become more culturally competent is:
- Make sure you travel to at least one new country each year.
- Put yourself in a situation where you meet new people. Meeting the same people over and over again won’t make you grow as an individual.
- Read information that is outside of your normal scope.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 109: Back to Human with Dan Schawbel - 6. November 2018
- 108: NBA Sports Legend John Amaechi on Sports, Business and Culture [Rebroadcast] - 16. October 2018
- 107: How International is Flavored Peanut Butter? - 2. October 2018