About This Week’s Guest
Tim is the Director of Culture & Organization Development with Human Synergistics. He also founded CultureUniversity.com which features insights from top culture experts. He led major performance and culture transformations regionally and globally as an automotive supplier executive so he has loads of practical experience. He now collaborates with many culture experts and focuses on driving meaningful change in the world through culture awareness, education, and action.
His three tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Understand Culture Fundamentals from the top expert in the world.
- Commit to a personal and organisational learning journey. If you’re changing your organisational culture it is not a one-time effort.
- You have to connect your first initiatives to either a top problem, challenge or goal.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Email: http://www.cultureuniversity.com/contact-us/
- Website: http://cultureuniversity.com
- Human Synergistics Website: www.HumanSynergistics.com
- Human Synergistics Blog: www.ConstructiveCulture.com
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at email@example.com
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 127: Andrew Henderson on Which Country is the Best to Live In? - 15. October 2019
- 126: Rebecca D. Costa on the Future of the Future - 1. October 2019
- The Brexit Chaos Explained. Britain Does Exactly What it Should Do. - 18. September 2019