About This Week’s Guest
Prof. Dr. Dr. Andrea Maier, Professor of General Medicine and Aged Care also connected to The University of Melbourne, Australia, where she is Divisional Director of Medicine and Community Care.
Then there is The Royal Melbourne Hospital where she is Professor of Ageing.
And if that wasn’t enough she also has a chair at the Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
“If you want to stay young, choose your parents carefully.”
Her tips to become as old as possible as healthy as possible are:
- Choose your parents wisely.
- Make sure you lead a healthy lifestyle; Watch your diet and eat the right things; Exercise enough; Make sure you get enough and good sleep; Look after your social circumstances; Go to Church –> not per se because of the religion but more so for belonging to a community.
- Be lucky. Sometimes getting old in a healthy fashion is up to luck. So make sure you get enough of that too.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- email: [email protected]
- The book “Eeuwig Houdbaar” Dutch edition
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
His presentation can cover specific topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Duration of any presentation can vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours and anything in between and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Applicable 90% 90%
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 130: International Negotiations with Jan Potgieter - 26. November 2019
- 129: Rachel Smets on Choosing a Life of Freedom & Fulfillment - 14. November 2019
- Why E-Learning and Cultural Competency are a Bad Match - 13. November 2019