About This Week’s Guest
Professor Erin Meyer
Erin Meyer is a professor and INSEAD, one of the top international business schools and the author of the best-selling book “The Culture Map: Breaking Through the Invisible Boundaries of Global Business”.
She is here to speak with us today about how national cultural differences impact day to day interaction.
Her three tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Learn as much as you can about the culture(s) you work with. When you work with more than one culture also make sure that you understand the relative differences. In other words, how does one culture perceive the others and vice versa.
- Be humble; Humility is everything. Make no mistake, every culture has one or more benefits. By being humble, you might discover just what it is.
- Be curious. Even if you have lots and lots of experience and if you think “You Get It”. You can always learn more. ABC=Always Be Curious.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Website: http://erinmeyer.com
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!