In This Article
About This Weeks Guest
Professor Dr. Alexandre Mottrie
Prof. Dr. Alexandre Mottrie is Head of the Urological Department of the OLV Hospital Aalst in Belgium. He is also President of the European Robotic Urology Section and the worldwide Society of Robotic Surgeons. Finally he is CEO of the OLV Vattikuti Robotic Surgery Institute (ORSI).
His tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Next to being professional, try to be social as well.
- Although sometimes difficult to do, be as open as you can to other cultures, their way of life, etc.
- Speaking an extra language here and there really helps bridging the culture gap.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
- 143 Chris Smit on Cultural Differences, Coaching, and Workshops - 22. September 2020
- 142 Rachel Jensen on Live in the Caribbean - 15. September 2020
- 141: Peter Kozodoy on How Honesty Can Help Your Business - 23. July 2020