About This Week’s Guest
Pellegrino Riccardi is a Cross-Cultural Expert, Keynote Speaker, People-Watcher.
In this interview he hits the nail right on the head: Cultural Differences isn’t about them (the others), but it is about YOU. As soon as you understand that your cultural battle is half won.
His three tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Learn how you’re being perceived by others. Other people and other cultures. Be open to that feedback; solicit it even.
- Learn about people’s positive intentions. Everyone, no matter what they do, has a positive intention with what they do.
- Consider what you’re willing to change about yourself in order to become more culturally competent.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
There are no real links discussed here; If you want to get in touch with Pellegrino Riccardi, you simply Google “Pellegrino Norway” and you’ll find him.
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at email@example.com
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 108: NBA Sports Legend John Amaechi on Sports, Business and Culture [Rebroadcast] - 16. October 2018
- 107: How International is Flavored Peanut Butter? - 2. October 2018
- Doing Business in China; Five Things You MUST Understand - 24. September 2018