About This Week’s Guest
Pellegrino Riccardi is a Cross-Cultural Expert, Keynote Speaker, People-Watcher.
In this interview he hits the nail right on the head: Cultural Differences isn’t about them (the others), but it is about YOU. As soon as you understand that your cultural battle is half won as well as your way to becoming culturally competent.
His three tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Learn how you’re being perceived by others. Other people and other cultures. Be open to that feedback; solicit it even.
- Learn about people’s positive intentions. Everyone, no matter what they do, has a positive intention with what they do.
- Consider what you’re willing to change about yourself in order to become more culturally competent.
“Culture is about YOU. Not about the other.”
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
There are no real links discussed here; If you want to get in touch with Pellegrino Riccardi, you simply Google “Pellegrino Norway” and you’ll find him.
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- Black Friday Around the World - 15. December 2018
- 111: Tigit Motorbikes in Vietnam with Jon Pepper - 4. December 2018
- 110: Cultural Differences isn’t About Them; It’s About You; Pellegrino Riccardi [Rebroadcast] - 20. November 2018