Textile and Culture; How do they interact?
About This Week’s Guest
Ferry den Hoed
Ferry den Hoed is a non-food retailer from the Netherlands.
In his position as president for the Foreign Trade Association (now called Amfori) he was part of the success of the growing community of BSCI.
BSCI is the leading platform for social compliance in the world.
Ferry den Hoed decided to start helping retailers and brands with the implementation of social compliance systems and founded the consulting company CoComply in Brussels.
“The weather is absolutely crucial for textile retailers.”
His tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Be modest and empathic. People are more forgiving than you think. Especially if you behave modestly.
- Relax. Just go with the flow.
- Don’t think that we’re all the same. Some are from Mars and others are from Venus. Remember that.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
If you want to listen to another podcast where I talk about textile and culture, listen to this interview with Imran Rath.
The Culture Matters Podcast on International Business & Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, and get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
|To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.|
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
|Listen directly on Amazon|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
European Office (Paris) Whatsapp: +32476524957
The Americas (USA; Atlanta, GA; también en Español): +1 678 301 8369
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting, and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events and to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
This is What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
In addition, his presentations can cover specific topics cultural topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Presentations can vary anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
Read more about what Chris can do for you.
- Percentage of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- Rating the Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- Applicability of Chris' presentation 90% 90%
About Peter van der Lende
Peter has joined forces with Culture Matters.
Because he has years and years of international business development experience joining forces therefore only seemed logical.
Being born and raised in the Netherlands, he has lived in more than 9 countries of which most were in Latin America.
He currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia (USA) with his family.
You can find out more at https://expand360.com/
Or find out what Peter can do for you here.
- 164 9-Signs you’re not getting it. It’s culture stupid! - 13. June 2022
- Most Common Cultural Diversity Mistakes; 9 Signs You’re Not Getting It - 1. June 2022
- 163 Democracy and Cultural Diversity - 17. May 2022