Textile and Culture; How do they interact?
About This Week’s Guest
Ferry den Hoed
Ferry den Hoed is a non-food retailer from the Netherlands.
In his position as president for the Foreign Trade Association (now called Amfori) he was part of the success of the growing community of BSCI.
BSCI is the leading platform for social compliance in the world.
Ferry den Hoed decided to start helping retailers and brands with the implementation of social compliance systems and founded the consulting company CoComply in Brussels.
“The weather is absolutely crucial for textile retailers.”
His tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Be modest and empathic. People are more forgiving than you think. Especially if you behave modestly.
- Relax. Just go with the flow.
- Don’t think that we’re all the same. Some are from Mars and others are from Venus. Remember that.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
If you want to listen to another podcast where I talk about textile and culture, listen to this interview with Imran Rath.
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- Doing Business in China; Five Things You MUST Understand - 24. September 2018
- 106: Cultural Differences in the Fitness Industry with Mounir Azegra - 18. September 2018
- Travel and Culture; How the Travel Industry Can Benefit From More Cultural Awareness - 17. September 2018