From Award Winning Sales Executive to World Traveler
About This Week’s Guest
Matt Javit was a five-time sales award winner with the international Technology Consulting company that he spent 9 incredible years with but then he left it all behind in February of 2017, along with his vast work network, volunteer efforts, and friends & family, to follow his love of travel with his wife.
They are now on an adventure around the world meeting new people and discovering new cultures.
“”And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” ― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist”
His tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Be open and for that, you don’t have to travel the world per se. You can attend local events as well.
- Learn to ask questions; people like talking about themselves.
- Lay down your phone and unplug those earphones. See, hear, and experience the world around you. All of it.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
Why I Quit (Career Gap Years) –
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- Doing Business in China; Five Things You MUST Understand - 24. September 2018
- 106: Cultural Differences in the Fitness Industry with Mounir Azegra - 18. September 2018
- Travel and Culture; How the Travel Industry Can Benefit From More Cultural Awareness - 17. September 2018