About This Week’s Guest
Jean Paul Wyers
Jean Paul Wyers is the founder and director of Protocolbureau, an organization based in The Hague, the Netherlands.
Most people associate protocol with etiquette and Royalty, but the official definition of protocol is “how meetings with officials should be organized”.
In a modern translation, the method of protocol is also used by Protocolbureau to manage meetings and events with VIP’s, large clients and other important stakeholders.
Protocolbureau supports organizations at official occasions and in less formal situations such as networking events, fashion shows, and even dance events.
“We like to describe protocol as staged personal attention. In our hectic digital society personal attention has become scarce.” says Jean Paul. “Most organizations are aware of the need of a good network and thus to know the right people, but they struggle to find the best way to manage their personal attention.”
“Protocol is about how meetings with officials should be organized”
His tips to become more culturally competent is:
- Experience helps a lot. Experience gives you a frame of reference that you can use in other cultural situations.
- This experience will lead to: Awareness. That’s where it all starts.
- Prepare. If you’re prepared for new things you will do better. Look what is coming in advance. If you need a clue for that you can look in the past for any predictions or lessons.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Website: http://www.protocolbureau.com/
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- Doing Business in China; Five Things You MUST Understand - 24. September 2018
- 106: Cultural Differences in the Fitness Industry with Mounir Azegra - 18. September 2018
- Travel and Culture; How the Travel Industry Can Benefit From More Cultural Awareness - 17. September 2018