About This Week’s Guest
Sundae Bean is an executive coach, intercultural specialist and trainer.
She supports organizations by helping their employees and the accompanying families live well and work successfully across cultures – without losing their sense of adventure.
She is American by birth, Swiss by marriage and an expat in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso by choice.
Her three tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Understand what your own cultural values are. You need to understand them first in order to make sense of what the “other” is doing.
- Get curious about the other culture(s). Ask yourself if it is really true what you think, feel, see, and/or experience?
- Make sure you are well balanced. What I mean with this is that you need to be physically healthy and well rested, because experiencing intense cultural differences can take not only a mental toll, but also a physical toll.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!