In This Article
How to Explain Culture to Kids
Kids are no adults. With this I’m not telling you anything new.
Most of the work I do is with adults. In fact, all of the work I do is with adults. Except for this one time I had the opportunity to work with Children. I was asked to explain the concept of cultural differences to a group of children ages 6 to 16, from several European countries. I can tell you, it was quite a challenge. But it was a real nice challenge to take up.
I learned several things that I will address in this podcast. So have a listen to this podcast where I share my ideas and wrap up with some tips for you if ever you’re working with kids and need to explain culture or any other abstract concept.
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
- 157 Peter van der Lende and Chris Smit Interviewed by Leonardo Marra - 9. September 2021
- How International Business Schools can Benefit from Cultural Competence - 9. August 2021
- Tell me Something I don’t Know - 8. July 2021