About This Weeks Guest
Sabina Idler is Founder, UX researcher and Interaction designer at UXkids. She is passionate about designing and improving interactive media for all ages. Sabina grew up in the south of Germany. Since then she has lived in the US and traveled through Australia and New Zealand before in 2010, her passion for kids and media brought her to Amsterdam.
Her 3 tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Don’t judge other cultures. Just see them as being different, and not better or worse.
- Be curious. Whenever you’re wondering about something that you don’t understand, ask what you’re seeing, or experiencing. Or simply ask what others are doing?
- Be open to travel, and don’t stick to the common paths.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/SabinaIdler
- How To Design For A Cross-Cultural User Experience (part 1/2): http://blog.usabilla.com/designing-for-a-cross-cultural-user-experience-part1/
- How To Design For A Cross-Cultural User Experience http://blog.usabilla.com/designing-for-a-cross-cultural-user-experience-part2/
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!