In This Article
For some time now, it has been relatively quiet between the Israelis and Palestinians.
However, there seems to be more unrest amongst the Palestinians themselves.
Why (from a cultural perspective) could that be?
The answer is “Individualism“. Or rather “Collectivism“, the other side of the cultural dimension called individualism, founded by prof. Geert Hofstede.
This cultural dimension describes the concept of “loyalty“; or, where one’s loyalty lies: with oneself or with the group that you belong to.
The whole of the Arab world has a so-called collectivistic culture (with the exception of Israel (respective scores of Israel and the Arab world on this IDV dimension are 54 & 38)).
Extending the concept of collectivism from loyalty to the group leads to so-called “in-groups“.
One belongs to an in-group and is considered to be unconditionally loyal to its members.
In-groups implicitly then have out-groups.
The two in-groups currently battling it out are Hamas and Fatah.
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
European Office (Paris) Whatsapp: +32476524957
The Americas (USA; Atlanta, GA; también en Español): +1 678 301 8369
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting, and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events and to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
This is What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
In addition, his presentations can cover specific topics cultural topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Presentations can vary anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
Read more about what Chris can do for you.
- Percentage of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- Rating the Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- Applicability of Chris' presentation 90% 90%
About Peter van der Lende
Peter has joined forces with Culture Matters.
Because he has years and years of international business development experience joining forces therefore only seemed logical.
Being born and raised in the Netherlands, he has lived in more than 9 countries of which most were in Latin America.
He currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia (USA) with his family.
You can find out more at https://expand360.com/
Or find out what Peter can do for you here.
- 168 Heather Hansen and the link between language and culture - 23 January 2023
- 167 Allen Morrison on China - 19 December 2022
- 166 Douglas Herbert. France24 international commentator - 17 October 2022