In This Article
Hierarchy Differences account for the majority of cultural differences in the world.
A good definition in terms of cultural difference would be:
“Level of acceptance of people, who have no power, of the unequal spread of power in their society.”
Understanding hierarchy differences is essential for understanding cultural differences. In this short video, I explain what some consequences can be when different cultures with a different score on this dimension interact or work together.
This abstract example and representation is based on input from real people.
What is your experience with differences in Hierarchy? Please leave your comments below.
Please do not leave your comments on any LinkedIn group. Since this article is published in more groups, the discussion “lives” longer like this. Thanks!
Should you want to read and/or watch more content on Hierarchy and Hierarchical differences, try these articles:
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
His presentation can cover specific topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Duration of any presentation can vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours and anything in between and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Applicable 90% 90%
- 143 Chris Smit on Cultural Differences, Coaching, and Workshops - 22. September 2020
- 142 Rachel Jensen on Live in the Caribbean - 15. September 2020
- 141: Peter Kozodoy on How Honesty Can Help Your Business - 23. July 2020