Amsterdam (NL) has been known as the Diamond capital of the world.
Well, at least it used to be an important trading center for diamonds. Until a couple of years back. The market slumped: fewer and fewer people bought.
Until recently. The world economy is getting stronger. The Chinese are making their mark. And they not only look at diamonds, but they also buy as well, according to Gassan, a leading diamond trader in Amsterdam
Diamonds are seen as a status symbol, much more so than in the Netherlands. Status is a Masculine trait, the Chinese do score relatively high on this Hofstede dimension (66). The Dutch are relatively feminine (14).
Plus, according to a Gassan spokesperson, when one Chinese buys, others will buy too! This in turn reflects the collective nature of the Chines culture (20 on Hofstede´s IDV dimension), whereas the Western Europeans and Americans are relatively individualistic (scores of 70 and higher).
With the right “cultural approach” companies like Gassan diamonds can probably earn more than they are currently doing.
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
European Office (Paris) Whatsapp: +32476524957
The Americas (USA; Atlanta, GA; también en Español): +1 678 301 8369
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting, and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events and to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
This is What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
In addition, his presentations can cover specific topics cultural topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Presentations can vary anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
Read more about what Chris can do for you.
- Percentage of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- Rating the Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- Applicability of Chris' presentation 90% 90%
About Peter van der Lende
Peter has joined forces with Culture Matters.
Because he has years and years of international business development experience joining forces therefore only seemed logical.
Being born and raised in the Netherlands, he has lived in more than 9 countries of which most were in Latin America.
He currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia (USA) with his family.
You can find out more at https://expand360.com/
Or find out what Peter can do for you here.
- Scandinavian Culture - 25 May 2023
- 174 Jose Martinez on doing business in Mexico - 19 May 2023
- 173 John Pabon on sustainability and cultural differences. - 19 April 2023