Very often during my workshops and lectures, I get people asking me afterward where they can read more on the subject of Intercultural Differences and where they can find good books about cultural differences. Usually I point them to my website for more info 😉 But of course, it makes sense to suggest other books too.
Below you will find a pretty complete list of books about cultural differences that will keep you going. I’m pretty sure that many of these suggested books about cultural differences will also have an Electronic (Kindle) version available.
The first books are the ones that I’ve written myself. They are both available for direct download from this site (just follow the link; you can pay using Paypal, even if you don’t have a Paypal account; then you can use your credit card). My first book is also available in hardcover.
Multicultural Books & eBooks
- Chris Smit, How to Overcome Cultural Differences in Business: Avoid the Mistakes that Everyone Else is Making When Doing Business Internationally
- Chris Smit, Uncertainty Avoidance in International Business: The Hidden Cultural Dimension You Need to Understand When Doing Business Overseas
- Björn Bjerke, Business Leadership and Culture: National Management Styles in the Global Economy
- Craig Storti, The art of crossing cultures
- Culture Shock! A guide to customs and etiquette series of books on more than 60 different countries, Times Media Private Ltd
- Edward T. Hall, The Silent Language
- Edward T. Hall, Beyond Culture
- Geert Hofstede, Culture’s Consequences
- Geert Hofstede, Cultures and Organizations, Software of the Mind
- Geert Hofstede, Masculinity and Femininity
- Hofstede, Pedersen & Hofstede, Exploring culture
- Marieke de Mooij, Global Marketing and Advertising
- Marieke de Mooij, Consumer Behaviour and Culture
- Susan Schneider & Jean-Louis Barsoux, Managing across cultures
- Samuel P. Huntington The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
- Fons Trompenaars Riding the Waves of Culture: Understanding Diversity in Global Business
Multicultural Books on Specific Country or Regional Books About Cultural Differences
- Yale Richmond & Phyllis Gestrin, Into Africa
- Eduardo Archetti, Masculinities
- Jianguang Wang, Westerners Through Chinese Eyes
- Tony Fang, Chinese Business Negotiating Style
- Verner Worm, Vikings And Mandarins
- H. Wenzhong, & C. Grove, Encountering The Chinese
- Philippe d’Iribarne, La Logique de l’Honneur (on France, the USA, and the Netherlands)
- Greg Nees, Germany: Unraveling an Enigma
- David Matsumoto, The New Japan
- Jacob Vossestein, Dealing with the Dutch
- Eva Kras, Management in two cultures
- Orlando Figes, Natasha’s Dance (on Russia)
- Edward Stuart & Milton Bennet, American Cultural Patterns
- Frank E. Hugget , The Dutch Today
- E.M. Goldratt, Jeff Cox, The Goal
If you’ve found other books about cultural differences which is not on this list, please send me an email at [email protected] and I will promptly add it.
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
European Office (Paris) Whatsapp: +32476524957
The Americas (USA; Atlanta, GA; también en Español): +1 678 301 8369
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting, and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events and to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
This is What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
In addition, his presentations can cover specific topics cultural topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Presentations can vary anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
Read more about what Chris can do for you.
- Percentage of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- Rating the Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- Applicability of Chris' presentation 90% 90%
About Peter van der Lende
Peter has joined forces with Culture Matters.
Because he has years and years of international business development experience joining forces therefore only seemed logical.
Being born and raised in the Netherlands, he has lived in more than 9 countries of which most were in Latin America.
He currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia (USA) with his family.
You can find out more at https://expand360.com/
Or find out what Peter can do for you here.