Chris Smit has worked with thousands of individuals from over 100
nationalities in more than 45 different countries sharing his know-how
on Cultural Diversity and Company Culture, doing hundreds of Cultural Awareness
Training & Lectures.
Paying attention to Cultural should be a high priority
organizational issue for many businesses.
Culture influences everything in the way an organization works,
and will often be the silent factor deciding success or failure.
Is your organization culturally competent?
Let’s cut the “Us” thing; There is no “Us”, there is only “me“. It just seems to sound better when you use “Us”, instead of “Me”.
But should you think otherwise, there are distinct advantages and benefits of “only me”, namely:
- You deal directly with me. No intermediaries, no departments, none of that. When it says “Work With Me”, it means working with me, no one else.
- Communication lines are kept short, and you get what you ask for and you get what you need. It’s a lot faster this way.
- It’s a lot more cost effective this way as well. The overhead is kept to an absolute minimum, from which you benefit.
- If and when necessary there is a team of highly qualified people that I can depend on that can help me to help you.
- No fluff. Just quality work.
So, in actual fact, there is no real need for the “Us” factor. Not if you want to work swiftly, cost effective and result oriented.
As said before there is only me. But I can’t run my company on a high-quality level totally on my own. So who make up my team?
- My virtual assistant based in the Philippines, who takes care of the everyday operations.
- My accountant and tax advisor; one person.
- My wife who keeps me in check.
That’s it, and I prefer to keep it this way.
Why I Do What I Do?
I do have a very strong “Why” I do what I do namely:
Your shareholders, your stakeholders, your people, and most of all You can benefit so much from improving your organizational culture, upping your intercultural competence, and bettering your personal communication skills through a cultural awareness training or lecture or otherwise.
I’ve seen it time and again; everyone who pays attention to these three factors of (international) business sees:
- Their profits grow
- Their people being happier, working effectively, being more motivated, and less of them leaving
- Their internal communications improve
- Their workflow becoming smoother
- Their time-to-market of products or services speeding up
- Their costs going down
Interested in finding out where I can add value to you and your business? Get in Touch!
Work With Me
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you’re looking for an Engaging, Exciting and Interactive speaker on the subject of Cultural Diversity and Awareness and Organizational Culture you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
His presentation can cover specific topics or countries, or generally on Cultural.
Duration of any presentation can vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours and anything in between, and are given Worldwide.
In addition, you can contact Chris about doing an in-company cultural awareness training.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 93% 93%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Practical 95% 95%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Applicable 98% 98%
What Others Say About Chris
“I had the honor but most of all pleasure to have Chris Smit as a speaker at the Brussels Coachcafé where he tackled the subject of Culture Matters.
In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story. He is an expert in translating the differences between cultures in very understandable terms that are scientifically supported.
Above all people get inspired and can use the information in a practical matter afterward. Culture Matters!”
“I would give my full recommendation and endorsement. Chris Smit is a skilled professional and valued asset.
I consider him to be a specialist in working with the 5-D model of professor Geert Hofstede to become aware of cultural differences and work more effectively in an international environment.
I believe that any organization will be fortunate to have him working on their team.”
“I know Chris in various assignments as a professional adviser, with a high degree of specific expertise and a high analytical ability.
Especially his ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent.
I can recommend you the hiring of Chris Smit also for your cultural awareness training!”
“I can endorse Chris’ talents to anyone seeking insight in cultural differences. Given the fact of globalization this subject will become more and more important in the years to come.
I have found Chris’ expertise in this field both state of the art, and professionally entertaining
And oh yes, he can drink beer like a man 😉”
“Chris Smit is a dedicated and inspirational professional.
He is an expert in his field and he has the ability to make his point in an entertaining and lively manner.
He is highly motivated, action-oriented and persistent in his business goals.
Personally, I appreciate his frankness in the communication.”
“Chris Smit is a fast thinker and very dynamic professional, who adds knowledge and experience in dealing with management issues, especially those where culture plays a role.
A true team player, Chris challenges people and help them to go further than the limits they establish for themselves.
I’ve had the pleasure to work with Chris in the Netherlands and I hope to have the opportunity to work with him again in the future.”