About This Week’s Guest Rachel Jensen
Over 8 years ago, Rachel moved from New York to a small Caribbean island off the coast of Belize for a job.
Today she still calls Ambergris Caye home and despite the cultural differences and nuances, she has adapted to a slower, and easier pace life in Central America.
“I was in a real New York state of mind. Now my life is a lot simpler and easier.”
Her tips on becoming more culturally competent are:
- Understand that you’re a visitor; you don’t have the right to criticize the other (country/culture).
- Some countries are less or not confrontational, so maybe you shouldn’t be either.
- Live simply if that’s the local lifestyle; don’t be tied down by your stuff.
Links mentioned in this episode are:
- Email: [email protected]
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
His presentation can cover specific topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Duration of any presentation can vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours and anything in between and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Applicable 90% 90%
Peter van der Lende
Peter van der Lende has joined forces with Culture Matters.
Having had years and years of international business development experience joining forces only seemed logical.
Peter is born and raised in the Netherlands but has lived in more than 9 countries of which most were in Latin America.
He currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia (USA) with his family.
You can find out more at https://expand360.com/
- 146: Theresa Sigillito Hollema on Working with Virtual Teams Globally - 23. November 2020
- Cultural Differences in International Business Development (part 1) - 13. November 2020
- 145: International Business Development Podcast - 20. October 2020