About This Week’s Guest
Jelle is a serial entrepreneur with a passion for people, cultures, technology, design, and food.
With his company Zeropoint he works with virtual teams from Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Together with his colleague Bart van Loon (who was on the show earlier) he has been dealing with virtual teams for the last 7 years.
His tips to become more culturally aware are:
- Focus first on the people and think of the culture later. Often the assumptions we have of the other culture stand in the way of really wanting to understand the other. To use a term from Buddha: “Empty your cup first“.
- Come to another culture or country with full respect. Before you go, try to find out what these signs of respect are. What are the “rules” and “customs” of that country? How can you find out about this? Either read a book, or simply by observing or asking.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
The Culture Matters Podcast on International Business & Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, and get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
|To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.|
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
|Listen directly on Amazon|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
- It’s Culture Stupid. Nine More Signs You’re Not Getting It - 29 August 2022
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Speaker - 9 August 2022
- Nordic Culture, Scandinavian Culture and Swedish Culture - 28 July 2022