Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 41:32 — 38.0MB) | Embed
About This Week’s Guest
Alfredo strongly believes in drawing management lessons from indigenous organizations to increase the efficacy of teamwork.
He offers a Brazilian Carnival Parade training module to this effect.
Alfredo holds a Ph.D. degree awarded by the University of Cambridge, he already lectured at Princeton University and London Business School.
He currently lectures with Harvard Business School Publishing and FIA Business School in São Paulo.
Alfredo collaborates with environments such as the Harvard Business Review and the Financial Times.
He authored over 30 articles besides several books, like “Culture and Management in the America”s, published by Stanford University Press, 2009.
His three tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Self-awareness. How well do you know yourself in relationship to the other(s)?
- See foreign films. It will give you an overview of life in a different culture. And it’s cost effective as well!
- If you can, travel. But don’t go for the all inclusive package deals. Instead, make sure you go out and speak to the local people.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://alfredobehrens.com
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
To subscribe directly using iTunes or Stitcher, Click here, or here (or click any of the images below).
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
- Scandinavian Culture - 25 May 2023
- 174 Jose Martinez on doing business in Mexico - 19 May 2023
- 173 John Pabon on sustainability and cultural differences. - 19 April 2023