In This Article
In this episode, I Interview Richard Hill.
Richard is the author of “We Europeans” (1992), “Euro managers & Martians”, “The Art of being Belgian”, “Great Britain Little England”, and a number of other books.
Learn how Richard explains why (he thinks) the French are an “autistic” nation (don’t worry, he nuances it to “self-absorbed” later in an excellent story!
And why the Belgians are unassertive and pragmatic people who have a developed way to compromise.
And finally why the European Commission (EC) is not paying as much attention to cultural differences as it should.
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
To subscribe directly using iTunes, Click here.
You can reach Richard Hill in a couple of ways:
- Mobile phone: +32 470 305677
- Landline: +32 2 343 77 26
- Email: [email protected]
- Books by Richard
Are the French autistic? Read the article here.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voice mail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, maybe even listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
- 168 Heather Hansen and the link between language and culture - 23 January 2023
- 167 Allen Morrison on China - 19 December 2022
- 166 Douglas Herbert. France24 international commentator - 17 October 2022