About This Week’s Guest
Dr. Neil Aggarwal
Neil Krishan Aggarwal is a cultural psychiatrist.
He is an Assistant Professor at Columbia University, member of the university’s Committee on Global Thought, and Fellow with the Truman National Security Project.
His research focuses on conceptions of culture and psychology in clinical and forensic mental health settings.
“Violence is an expression of anger. And that differs per culture.”
His tips to become more culturally competent is:
- Allow yourself to have emotions about the other culture.
- Try not to say what comes to mind straight away. Give it some time. Only then respond.
- Allow yourself to be curious. You will learn something new.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 092: Cultural Differences in Astronomy with Dylan Bollen - 9. January 2018
- 091: Exceptional Leadership with Ron Carucci - 12. December 2017
- 090: Aging and Staying Young as Possible in Different Cultures with Andrea Maier - 28. November 2017