Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 36:29 — 50.1MB) | Embed
About This Week’s Guest
Dr. Alan Rose, Professor emeritus University of Idaho.
Born within the sound of bow bells, and lived in London, England until the age of 24 when he emigrated to the United States.
Has lived in France for three years and spends three months every year in Paris.
Married to a Parisienne.
His tips to become more culturally aware are:
- Make sure it is clear that you don’t consider or think that your own culture has all the answers. Share the weaknesses you perceive from your own culture as well.
- Use humor in your communication.
- Making use of self-deprecation is a good idea.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
The Culture Matters Podcast on International Business & Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, and get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
|To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.|
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
|Listen directly on Amazon|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
- Scandinavian Culture - 25 May 2023
- 174 Jose Martinez on doing business in Mexico - 19 May 2023
- 173 John Pabon on sustainability and cultural differences. - 19 April 2023