About This Weeks Guest
Madi Sharma is an entrepreneur and a social capitalist. She’s a member of the European Economic and Social Committee, and living her life with one strict motto No Excuses!
Her tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Say “Thank You“. These simple words show a great deal of empathy and interest for what happens around you. In addition this leads to a show of respect to the person you’re addressing.
- Understand things from the other person’s perspective. If the other person or yourself say “No” to whatever, try to find out what’s behind this “No“. There is always a deeper meaning. Understanding the deeper meaning will help you understand the other culture better (and your own).
- Value diversity. Don’t be afraid of it, but see the added value in cultural differences.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!