About This Week’s Guest
Laura Lindsay is Director of Global Communications at Lonely Planet; an avid traveler she has worked in the travel industry for almost a decade interspersed with visiting over 40 countries.
Currently looking after Lonely Planet’s brand communications; Laura is responsible for Lonely Planet’s reputation in the media, profiles of the company’s spokespeople and internal company communication.
Most recently, driving the company’s story of transformation from guidebook publisher to multimedia brand.
Laura also manages the company’s largest brand campaign, Best in Travel.
- Be curious. Being curious about your new surroundings, the people, the food is the best way to experience different cultures.
- Engage with the local people. Go to that man around the corner. Talk to the waiter. Share stories and expertise.
- Don’t always focus on the negative. The food you didn’t like, the way you were treated. Although bad experience stories seem to be interesting to tell at birthdays, remembering the good things is really more enjoyable.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 113: Three School Kids in Different Countries - 11. February 2019
- Universal Basic Income and it’s Cultural Contradictions - 8. February 2019
- 112 Dr. Carlos Coria Sanchez on Doing Business in Mexico - 28. January 2019