About This Week’s Guest
Palle is a Danish podcaster and radio journalist traveling to every country in the world.
Much like Henrik Jeppesen who was on the show some time back. Check out that interview here.
His tips to become more culturally aware are:
- Really go out there and talk to locals. Be interested in them and really find out about their culture. Ask questions about what you don’t understand. Use your smile as your “weapon“. 🙂
- Bring a microphone (your smartphone probably has one). It shows a real interest in the people you’re talking to and it makes them feel important. You can also use it as a scrapbook. Make sure you do ask for permission before you start recording, though.
- Get Lost. Really get lost in the place you are. If you have a car don’t use the map. Go left where you feel you should. On foot, you can do exactly the same. It will help you to get connected to local people. Don’t worry, you can always take a taxi to go home.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 113: Three School Kids in Different Countries - 11. February 2019
- Universal Basic Income and it’s Cultural Contradictions - 8. February 2019
- 112 Dr. Carlos Coria Sanchez on Doing Business in Mexico - 28. January 2019