In This Article
About This Week’s Guest
Christophe Van Gampelaere
Christophe is the Belgian partner at Global PMI Partners, the only global consultancy focused exclusively on international merger integrations and carve-outs.
His three tips for becoming more culturally competent are:
- Read. Read books from Geert Hofstede Erin Meyer and others when it comes to culture (see the links below). In other words, educate yourself. Know where you are yourself when it comes to cultural difference.
- Institutionalize culture in the M&A pre-deal negotiations.
- When you’re communicating with different cultures, after the M&A deal has been signed, take into account that different cultures communicate differently and that you should do too.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
- 164 9-Signs you’re not getting it. It’s culture stupid! - 13. June 2022
- Most Common Cultural Diversity Mistakes; 9 Signs You’re Not Getting It - 1. June 2022
- 163 Democracy and Cultural Diversity - 17. May 2022