About This Week’s Guest
Audrey Mezas is the Dutch owner of Expat in Amsterdam.
She is an Expat/Executive Personal Assistant to athletes, professors, families, international entrepreneurs and business executives.
The difference between Audrey and say a relocation company is that she delivers “tailor-made personal” service for each of her clients and accompanying them almost everywhere they need to be.
Audrey also trains teams in Executive Excellence and has moved 17 times and lived on four continents.
Audrey is the “Expat in Amsterdam.”
Her tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Get to know the locals; don’t stay in your expat bubble.
- Make sure everyone in your family has a hobby or a sport to do. It keeps you connected to other people which will help you integrate.
- Don’t wait too long to get started to get adjusted. Otherwise, it will get harder and harder to adjust later on.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Website: http://expatinamsterdam.com
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at email@example.com
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 115: Expats, Culture & Money with Mikkel Thorup - 12. March 2019
- How Cultural Similarities Can Lead to Cultural Difficulties. A Case Study - 7. March 2019
- 114: Isabel Cortes and Life in Colombia - 26. February 2019