In This Article
- 1 Are You Looking for a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Speaker or a Culture Speaker on Leadership? [4-mins]
- 2 What Can You Expect from a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Speaker on Leadership and Culture?
- 3 What can you expect from Chris Smit?
- 4 Here are Three Things You Want to Avoid When Looking For a Public Speaker
- 5 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Speaker; What’s Important?
- 6 Conference Speaker; What’s the Difference?
- 7 Intercultural Communication
- 8 Intercultural Management
- 9 Finally, why is it important to get a good diversity, equity, and inclusion speaker?
- 10 Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
- 11 Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
Are You Looking for a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Speaker or a Culture Speaker on Leadership? [4-mins]
You have an upcoming event, or you’re planning long ahead in advance. And for your event, you are looking for an international keynote diversity, equity, and inclusion speaker or a speaker on leadership and culture.
I’m sure you would agree with me that you want an interactive speaker on leadership and cultural awareness speaker on topics like leadership, diversity, equity, inclusion in business, and internationalization. One that understands the importance of getting a professional conference speaker and the impact that he or she can have at your conference.
That makes sense, right?
What Can You Expect from a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Speaker on Leadership and Culture?
What can you expect from Chris Smit?
Practical & to the point
Interactive (no matter how big the audience is)
To the point
Realistic and relatable
With lots of takeaways
Business & leadership-oriented
Fun, entertaining… but also educational!
Flexible topics and contents
Watch this 2-minute video of Chris to get a better feel.
Cultural Differences in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
A great international diversity, equity, and inclusion speaker & speech don’t just happen.
You need to find a keynote speaker with:
- The right message,
- And the presentation to win over your audience.
You need to find an interactive speaker who knows how to make an impact. Someone who can impart the right message at the right moment. He must appeal to a wide range of audiences and can win you over with his ideas and stories.
Essentially, he or she must be someone who has years of experience in both keynote-speaking and knows the subject of intercultural communication, intercultural management inside out, and leadership & business, top to bottom and left to right.
Someone that has years of experience in both corporate keynote speaking and intercultural communication.
Here are Three Things You Want to Avoid When Looking For a Public Speaker
- When you’re working with a speakers bureau, someone else decides who comes and speaks for you. Of course, you make the final decision, but a pre-selection has been made. And not by you. Is that what you want?
- Do you want a speaker who talks about several topics, a jack-of-all-trades? Or someone who knows his subject inside-out? Chris only talks about cultural differences and organizational culture and the importance of both for you and your organization. That’s what you want.
- You don’t want someone who only talks. You want a speaker who interacts with your audience; who is part of your audience; a speaker that your audience can relate to.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Speaker; What’s Important?
A keynote speech is usually the most important speaker’s presentation for your event. It’s the speech that everyone present will come and want to hear. Chris has ample experience as an international keynote speaker.
With over 20 years of practical experience, Chris is a highly sought-after professional cultural awareness speaker. A (cultural) keynote speaker and conference speaker in his own right, he has authored books on Overcoming Cultural Differences in Business and Uncertainty Avoidance in International Business: The Hidden Cultural Dimension You Need to Understand When Doing Business Overseas. He hosts the Culture Matters podcast where he interviews experts and helps his audience develop their cultural competence.
He has spoken at government associations such as the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation), diverse associations such as the IBTM (which is the biggest travel fair in the world), as well as many corporate organizations, e.g. Virgin Atlantic owned by Sir Richard Branson.
Conference Speaker; What’s the Difference?
A conference speaker is different from a keynote speaker in that during a conference you can have breakout sessions or parallel sessions where the audience can choose a variety of options and topics to go and listen to.
You can have several sessions repeated over a number of days with more personal contact between the speaker and the audience.
“Your shareholders, your stakeholders, your people, and most of all you (yourself) can benefit so much from improving your organizational culture, upping your intercultural competence, and bettering your personal communication skills through a cultural awareness training or lecture.” – Chris Smit
Chris knows exactly what and where the friction points are when it comes to different cultural scenarios. He has the depth of experience in terms of managing intercultural communication and making it work in any business organization.
He believes that communicating across cultures will be one of the most important deciding factors in one’s success in the 21st century. Having traveled the world and worked with thousands of people across the globe, there is no culture that is new or strange to him.
Communicating across cultures will be one of the most important deciding factors in your success in the 21st century.
Intercultural management is a specific part of the broader subject of intercultural communication. Chris will address the specific challenges that management faces when working and operating in an international environment.
Finally, why is it important to get a good diversity, equity, and inclusion speaker?
Here’s Chris’s opinion on why it is so important to pay attention to cultural differences:
Need more info?
Want to book him as your diversity, equity, and inclusion speaker & cultural awareness speaker for your organization’s event? Click here.
A video of Prof. Geert Hofstede can be found here. In this video, he explains the importance of being culturally competent.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion speaker
- Keynote speaker
- Culture speaker
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
European Office (Paris) Whatsapp: +32476524957
The Americas (USA; Atlanta, GA; también en Español): +1 678 301 8369
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting, and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events and to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
This is What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
In addition, his presentations can cover specific topics cultural topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Presentations can vary anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
Read more about what Chris can do for you.
- Percentage of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- Rating the Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- Applicability of Chris' presentation 90% 90%
About Peter van der Lende
Peter has joined forces with Culture Matters.
Because he has years and years of international business development experience joining forces therefore only seemed logical.
Being born and raised in the Netherlands, he has lived in more than 9 countries of which most were in Latin America.
He currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia (USA) with his family.
You can find out more at https://expand360.com/
Or find out what Peter can do for you here.
- It’s Culture Stupid. Nine More Signs You’re Not Getting It - 29 August 2022
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Speaker - 9 August 2022
- Nordic Culture, Scandinavian Culture and Swedish Culture - 28 July 2022