In This Article
Do’s and Don’ts in International Business
I get the question pretty every time I give a workshop or lecture: “Can you give us some do’s and don’ts on how to do this or that?“.
When this question gets asked, I always warn people that do’s and don’ts are very contextual; what works in one context doesn’t work in another one. So, always be very careful when it comes to applying do’s and don’ts you have heard or read about.
I’m curious to hear about your experiences when it comes to intercultural do’s and don’ts. Please leave your comments at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
An article about how to “behave” in an international environment can be found here.
- 168 Heather Hansen and the link between language and culture - 23 January 2023
- 167 Allen Morrison on China - 19 December 2022
- 166 Douglas Herbert. France24 international commentator - 17 October 2022