About This Week’s Guest Melissa Lamson
Melissa Lamson, CEO of Lamson Consulting, works with successful leaders to refine their professional skills and create inclusive workplaces.
She knows that when leaders present the best version of themselves, individuals, teams, and the organization wins. Melissa has a Masters in Intercultural Relations.
She founded companies in Europe and the US, has clients and projects in over 40 countries, and has authored 6 books.
Melissa works side-by-side with a global list of C-level executives.
Throughout her career, she has helped build strong leadership cultures, developed manager and leadership learning programs from the ground up, and acquired first-hand knowledge of several leading industries, including the latest advancements in AI.
“Automated skills like people skills will become more important.”
Her tips on becoming more culturally competent are:
- Before you go and interact with a new culture, do some Googling; there’s a lot of info out there.
- Don’t shy away from folks in your company who have a different background.
- See if you can develop your emotional intelligence.
Links mentioned in this episode are:
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
His presentation can cover specific topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Duration of any presentation can vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours and anything in between and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Applicable 90% 90%