About This Week’s Guest Judith Hornok
Judith Hornok is THE DECODER.
She studies the “special codes” of individuals and groups worldwide.
Over fifteen years she has researched the social-emotional mindset of the Arab people in the Gulf.
During her studies, she identified the negative, aggressive forms of emotions and feelings and realized quickly how much influence social-emotional behavior has on day-to-day life in business as well as personal relationships.
She calls them THE EMOTIONAL HINDERERS and has given these characters names such as The Paralyzing Fear and The Relentless Judgement.
Her passion for Decoding led her to work on two books. In her latest book, THE ARAB BUSINESS CODE, she explores “the codes” of Arab business people. During the interview, we talk more about these codes…
“Social-emotional behavior have a bit influence on personal relationships.”
Her tips on becoming more culturally competent are:
- Act from the inside to the outside
- Commit; with yourself first, then with your partner.
- Try to keep a balance with your actions towards other people’s reactions.
Links mentioned in this episode are:
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
His presentation can cover specific topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Duration of any presentation can vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours and anything in between and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Applicable 90% 90%
- 141: Peter Kozodoy on How Honesty Can Help Your Business - 23. July 2020
- How Poetry From Different Cultures Influenced Each Other - 16. June 2020
- 140: Melissa Lamson on Inclusion and Diversity - 4. June 2020