Brain Dysfunctions, Autism, and Cultural Differences
About This Week’s Guest Dr. Lynette Louise
Dr. Lynette Louise (aka The Brain Broad) is an International Brain Change and Behavior expert.
She is a speaker, award-winning author, and filmmaker, performer, recognized humanitarian, neurofeedback & behavior expert, and creator/host/therapist for the international docu-series series FIX IT IN FIVE with LYNETTE LOUISE aka THE BRAIN BROAD, airing on The Autism Channel.
Lynette works hands-on with brain challenged clients and their families both in homes and in institutions around the world.
She is also the single mother of eight now grown children; Six were adopted and four were on the autism spectrum.
Only one of her sons retains his label and remains dependent.
“I not only work with the person, but also with the parents and sometimes the neighborhood as well.”
Her tips on becoming more culturally competent are:
- Travel as much as you can, but not as a tourist. Try to meet local people and interact with them.
- Begin every interaction with a smile 😉
- Ask questions and listen attentively to the answer. Learn something.
Links mentioned in this episode are:
Watch this 4-minute video to fully understand what Lynette does.
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Directly: +32476524957
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
His presentation can cover specific topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Duration of any presentation can vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours and anything in between and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Applicable 90% 90%
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- The Brexit Chaos Explained. Britain Does Exactly What it Should Do. - 18. September 2019
- 125: Jen McFarland on Equality and Being Ethnic Relative - 17. September 2019
- 124: Harry Mitsidis the Most Traveled Man on the Planet - 3. September 2019