Virtual Dinners & Open Roads
About This Week’s Guests Eric Maddox
Eric Maddox produces Latitude Adjustment, a podcast that highlights underreported issues, places, and communities from around the world, through the stories of local people.
He’s also the founder and director of The Virtual Dinner Guest Project, an intercultural dialogue and collaborative filmmaking program that connects communities in conflict from around the world.
Eric completed his graduate research in International Conflict Transformation while living in the West Bank, and has spent much of the past 7 years packing solo across the Middle East and South Asia setting up his projects.
He produces Latitude Adjustment from Spain, where he currently lives.
“Being more curious and exchanging those curiosities really connects people from different cultures a lot more.”
His tips on becoming more culturally competent are:
- Listen to people with different points of view; become comfortable with your own ignorance.
- Travel if you have the budget, even if it’s only to the other side of town.
- Challenge yourself and your own comfort zone.
Links mentioned in this episode are:
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Directly: +32476524957
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
His presentation can cover specific topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Duration of any presentation can vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours and anything in between and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Applicable 90% 90%
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- Doing Business with the Netherlands and Dutch Business Culture - 8. May 2019
- 120: Authentic Travel with Monica Irauzqui - 7. May 2019
- 118: From Cruise Ships to Masterminding with Ronan Leonard - 23. April 2019