About This Week’s Guest
Dr. Alain Krapl is an Associate Professor of Finance and Director of the International Business Program at the Haile/US Bank College of Business.
He earned a B.A. and M.S. in Economics from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and a Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Connecticut.
His teaching interests include international finance, financial management, and derivatives securities.
Dr. Krapl’s research has been published in journals such as International Review of Financial Analysis, Journal of International Money and Finance, Research in International Business and Finance, International Review of Finance, and the Journal of Corporate Finance.
His research interests include foreign exchange exposure, corporate international diversification, and costs of capital of multinational corporations.
“Having people pronounce my name the correct (the) French way is part of claiming back some of my own cultural identity.”
His tips to become as old as possible as healthy as possible are:
- If you can: Travel. But travel in a specific way; attempt to go out of your comfort zone.
- You can do the above by eating the food that is on the local menu; look at the local customs.
- Emerge yourself; talk to the locals; use the view words that you know in a foreign language
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Email: [email protected]u
The Culture Matters Podcast on International Business & Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, and get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
|To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.|
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
|Listen directly on Amazon|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
European Office (Paris) Whatsapp: +32476524957
The Americas (USA; Atlanta, GA; también en Español): +1 678 301 8369
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting, and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events and to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
This is What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
In addition, his presentations can cover specific topics cultural topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Presentations can vary anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
Read more about what Chris can do for you.
- Percentage of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- Rating the Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- Applicability of Chris' presentation 90% 90%
About Peter van der Lende
Peter has joined forces with Culture Matters.
Because he has years and years of international business development experience joining forces therefore only seemed logical.
Being born and raised in the Netherlands, he has lived in more than 9 countries of which most were in Latin America.
He currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia (USA) with his family.
You can find out more at https://expand360.com/
Or find out what Peter can do for you here.
- It’s Culture Stupid. Nine More Signs You’re Not Getting It - 29 August 2022
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Speaker - 9 August 2022
- Nordic Culture, Scandinavian Culture and Swedish Culture - 28 July 2022