In This Article
About This Week’s Guest
Thomas Kessler is Partner and Managing Director of Global PMI Partners and draws on 20 years experience in Mergers & Acquisitions and particularly in Post Merger Integration. The importance of culture in transactions is one of the essential success factors.
Thomas looks at culture beyond being a success factor. In his experience culture should be a key decision factor when acquiring.
He will present his view how companies can incorporate culture during strategic selection and due diligence to ensure they are considering the impact of culture integration in the purchase decision.
His three tips for becoming more culturally competent are:
- Be open and listen actively. Take not of the others’ organisation culture; What do you see? What do people talk about? What do they celebrate? etc.
- Realize that culture is a major success factor when it comes to M&A’s. There are plenty success stories (mentioned in the interview), but unfortunately also many failures.
- Have people on board in your organisation that act as “champions“; so other people can see what they do, how they act and in this way identify themselves with the desired (new) culture.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Telephone: +49 172 255 9788
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at email@example.com
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- Diversity Manager or Culture Manager; What Can I Do For You? - 5. June 2019
- 122: Is Performing Magic Culturally Neutral? with Jennifer S. Royal - 4. June 2019
- 121: Good News from Africa with Angela Betancourt - 21. May 2019