In This Article
Greeley Koch is the executive director of the Association of Corporate Travel Executives and a world class business traveler.
A twenty-five year veteran of the travel industry, he is an advocate of passenger safety, comfort, and security, while boosting traveler productivity.
Koch is also an authority on business travel investment and innovation.
His 3 tips for becoming more culturally competent are:
- Do your research before you leave
- Go there (wherever you’re going) with an open mind
- Be flexible towards whatever will come your way
- (bonus) Get out of the office (and visit a market or so)
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Website: http://acte.org
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/greeleykoch
- LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/pub/greeley-koch/6/494/758
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
To subscribe directly using iTunes, Click here.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- Machine Translation; is it Good Enough for an EBook? - 2. July 2019
- 123: Dr. Lynette Louise on Autism and Cultural Differences - 18. June 2019
- Diversity Manager or Culture Manager; What Can I Do For You? - 5. June 2019