Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 39:27 — 36.1MB) | Embed
About This Week’s Guest
The CEO of UYD Media and host of the As Told By Nomads podcast.
His three tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Be curious. Explore what is out there. Explore what you don’t know or think you don’t know.
- Travel. By travelling you expand your world like nothing else can. He also suggests to get lost on purpose. This way you will meet and interact with people you otherwise would have never met.
- Be open minded. Tayo thinks it is dangerous to think that your way of thinking and judging is the only and absolute way. There are other ways as well. For sure.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.uydmedia.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/tayorockson
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
To subscribe directly using iTunes or Stitcher, Click here, or here (or click any of the images below).
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
- Scandinavian Culture - 25 May 2023
- 174 Jose Martinez on doing business in Mexico - 19 May 2023
- 173 John Pabon on sustainability and cultural differences. - 19 April 2023