Do We Kiss Bow Or Shake Hands?
How do we deal with the cultural ritual of greetings?
The book “Kiss Bow or Shake Hands” attempts to answer that obvious questions with that obvious ritual of meetings and greetings going on within an international context.
But what about The Sneeze? It’s something that happens to the best of us and, well, a (wo)man has to do what a (wo)man has to do: Sneeze…
This infographic covers what people say in response to a sneeze,
It is really across the board. From a Gesündheid, to Salud in most parts of Latin America (Jesus in Spain by the way), to a Live Long reply to this ever relieving human habit.
If you look closely at this image, you will see that some countries are not covered. They read “No Response”; of course people do reply or at least react to a sneeze, but the maker of this infographic didn’t know what it was?
If you do know, I would really appreciate it if you could add it in the comments!.
Thanks. And bless you; or to your health; or gezondheid (in my own native language…)
For another entertaining infographic which partly has to do with health-related issues, check out this article which tells you all about Good Luck Charms around the world…
This infographic was made by https://www.expedia.ca/travelblog/world-responds-sneezing
Get in Touch
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you’re looking for an Engaging, Exciting and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
His presentation can cover specific topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Duration of any presentation can vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours and anything in between, and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Practical 83% 83%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Applicable 90% 90%
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 117: Why Travel Matters with Craig Storti - 9. April 2019
- Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast - 8. April 2019
- 116: Eric Maddox from Virtual Dinners to Open Roads - 26. March 2019