Jen McFarland on Equality & Being Ethnic Relative
About This Week’s Guest Jen McFarland
Jen McFarland, the host of Women Conquer Business Podcast, has spent over 10 years as a business analyst and growth strategist.
She lived and worked in Kazakhstan for two years where her experiences made here a champion for equity, human rights, and cultural competency.
Jen’s goal is to help women and people of color build sustainable businesses positioned for expansive growth.
Her strategies and tactics guide clients to navigate change and uncertainty gracefully while staying in alignment with their 3-5 year business goals.
“Don’t be ethno-centric, but rather be ethnic-relative.”
Her tips on becoming more culturally competent are:
- Travel as much as you can. Even going to the other part of town can give you a different perspective.
- Talk to people face to face; you can always learn something; don’t be a troll on Social Media.
- Take the time to listen to what’s being said, rather than to think what to say next.
Links mentioned in this episode are:
- Jen’s website
- A link to the Wikipedia page on Kazakhstan
- Any Social Media platform by using the handle JenSMcFarland
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
His presentation can cover specific topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Duration of any presentation can vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours and anything in between and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Applicable 90% 90%