A Positive Talk about Sierra Leone
About This Week’s Guest Angela Betancourt
Angela Betancourt is global communication professional with over 12 years of experience developing, managing, and executing comprehensive, multicultural and integrated communication campaigns and strategies within the U.S. and international markets.
She holds a Masters degree in Global Strategic Communications from Georgetown University and a Bachelors degree in Public Relations from Barry University.
“Understanding other cultures starts by coming from a place of open-mindedness.”
Her tips on becoming more culturally competent are:
- Have an open mind. Try to really understand what it means to grow up in a different culture.
- Ask questions if you don’t understand something. People always like to talk about their own lives and circumstances.
- Give yourself the opportunity and time to adapt to another culture. Especially if your first impression happens to be negative.
Links mentioned in this episode are:
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
Get a Taste of How Chris Presents, Watch his TEDx Talk
Call Direct: +32476524957
Book Chris Smit as a Speaker
If you're looking for an Engaging, Exciting and Interactive speaker on the subject of Intercultural Management & Awareness you came to the right place.
Chris has spoken at hundreds of events to thousands of people on the subject of Cultural Diversity & Cultural Competence.
What Others Say About Chris:
- “Very Interactive and Engaging”
- “In little time he knew how to get the audience inspired and connected to his story”
- “His ability to make large groups of participants quickly and adequately aware of the huge impact of cultural differences is excellent”
- “Chris is a dedicated and inspirational professional”
His presentation can cover specific topics, or generally on Cultural differences.
Duration of any presentation can vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours and anything in between and are given World Wide.
Book Chris now by simply sending an email. Click here to do so.
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Excellent 86% 86%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Practical 89% 89%
- % of People Rating a Presentation as Applicable 90% 90%
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 127: Andrew Henderson on Which Country is the Best to Live In? - 15. October 2019
- 126: Rebecca D. Costa on the Future of the Future - 1. October 2019
- The Brexit Chaos Explained. Britain Does Exactly What it Should Do. - 18. September 2019