How to Effectively Deal With Conflicts?
About This Week’s Guest
Nate Regier, Ph.D., is CEO and co-founding owner of Next Element, a global leadership training and certification firm specializing in communication and conflict skills.
He’s an expert in social-emotional intelligence and leadership, positive conflict, neuropsychology, and group dynamics.
Regier is a co-developer of Next Element’s Leading Out of Drama® training and coaching system, an LOD® master trainer, and Process Communication Model® certifying master trainer.
He is the co-author of Beyond Drama: Transcending Energy Vampires, and his just-released second book, Conflict Without Casualties: A Field Guide for Leading with Compassionate Accountability.
He’s an enthusiastic dad and husband.
“Conflict is neither good nor bad; it’s just how you deal with it that makes it so.”
His tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Start at open: Be honest about your motives and feelings (and respect others’) to create a space where people can feel safe.
- Discover and respect individual differences beneath culture, race, religion, gender, etc. Personality differences are universal and often account for why we see things differently.
- Re-frame your relationship with conflict as an energy source for positive change. Treat people like they are worthwhile, capable, and accountable.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
|P 316-283-4200 M 316-772-6174|
|E firstname.lastname@example.org W next-element.com|
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 107: How International is Flavored Peanut Butter? - 2. October 2018
- Doing Business in China; Five Things You MUST Understand - 24. September 2018
- 106: Cultural Differences in the Fitness Industry with Mounir Azegra - 18. September 2018